This module contains source codes for Fitgrid examples.
The following list summarizes the examples:
- Example 1 -- interpolated function, derivative and integral
- Example 2 -- interpolated periodic function and integral
- Example 3 -- interpolated smoothing functions
- Example 4 -- interpolated parametric curves and derivatives
- Example 5 -- interpolated closed parametric curves and derivatives
- Example 6 -- interpolated surface
- Example 7 -- smoothing spline in the plane
All of the example codes isolate the drawing of graphics into single
calls to procedures for drawing plots for functions or surfaces.
If you are not using NCAR Graphics and want to
draw the plots, you will have to substitute appropriate calls from
the graphics package you are using for the plotting procedures in the
Of course you will need to be using NCAR Graphics software if you are
If you have access to NCAR Graphics software, you can create executables for
all of the Fortran or C examples in one of two ways. The easiest is to use
the ncargex utility
which is documented with a man page.
The other way is to use
(for Fortran) or
(for C) to compile and execute the source codes.
Use ng4ex to generate the NCL examples.
If you are using NCAR
Graphics and the C interface to Fitgrid and
you are compiling using ncargcc, then
function prototypes for all
Fitgrid C functions are contained in a C header file. This can be accessed
by inserting the line:
into your code.
Example 1 -- interpolated function, derivative and integral
Example 2 -- interpolated periodic function and derivative
Example 3 -- interpolated smoothing functions
Example 4 -- interpolated parametric curves and derivatives
Example 5 -- interpolated closed parametric curves and derivatives
Example 6 -- interpolated surface
Example 7 -- smoothing spline in the plane